Friday, January 08, 2010

On the phone with the nephew

So my mum called me when I was at lunch. Definitely took me by surprise as she usually takes her nap during that time. I picked up the phone with a thousand questions in my head.

"hello" I greeted.

"hey hold on!" my mum said even before I could say anything.

After a few seconds, someone apparently picked up the phone and spoke through the mouthpiece.

I couldn't hear anything. It could be due to the poor coverage so I begged his/her pardon.

"hello" I said again, feeling much puzzled.

"ehh ahhahh ehhhh yiii ahhh hahahahahahaha" that's all I could hear. Judging from the crystal clear voice I know it's Bryvan, my two-year-old nephew.

And also the inability to speak a proper word. lol.

"hey hey bryvan!!!!!" Sounding all excited, I was waiting to be surprised.

"ah! yi yayayay ooo ka!" Apparently I couldnt understand a word he said. I laughed so hard at the baby language I swear everyone around me must have thought I am a psycho.

"where are you?" I asked and realised a second later that I would never get an answer. Yet still looking forward to hearing what he had to say.

"aa, yiiii yaaaaaa!" He replied which I deciphered as tangkak.

Whatever.

I found out much later from my mum that he still couldn't say papa mama.

Are you kidding me? he is 2 years old already.

Well who am I to judge anyway? Someone who only started saying words that made sense at the age of 2.5 whose parents were so worried they asked the doctor if he was a mute. hahaha.

Who would ever have thought that he is so babbly 20 years later!

It's only after I hung up I realised how much I have missed him. Just listened to him made my day. Even though nothing he said make sense.

Kids bring happiness.

Can I bring him with me to Sydney? I promise I will get him breastfed.lol. Or I will just get him a goat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see u ^^

Shane Chia VS said...

haha. Well I am willing to be seen. :)