Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The high expense of a low incomer

No more taipei, we are going south instead to Bali. No more nice food and hot spring, but we get the sandy white beach instead. It's still a vaccation, only with a cheaper price to pay.

That's life. You gain something from what you lose. Who says the compensation is not gonna be as nice?

I have had enough of city life. Pollution, heavy traffic, sauna-like weather, distrations that prompt you to spend more and yadda yadda yadda. Well maybe the last bit is not soley to blame. It's a result of my weakening willpower and self control. Who spend rm100 on dinner a day with just a rm1000 income each month anyway? lol.

2 months into the working life with 1 more month to go, I realised working isn't as bad as we thought. At least you get the money and exposure. What I didn't see it coming is how suffocating a cubicle can be, and how stressful it is to have nothing to work on but just counting down to 5pm everyday. The desire to go offshore is growing each day.Good on me.

I love my colleagues nevertheless. They are fun. They are playful. More importantly, they are corrupted, brain wise. It's just comforting how simple their choice of words is. Simple yet funny. Isn't that great? I seriously need to cut down on my use of sarcasm. The worst part is, I don't even realise I am being sarcastic most of the the time. Talking about detaching oneself from sarcasm. It's proven to be harder than weening off the drugs.

Back to expenses. Watching 2 movies a week, eating out 5 days a week, driving around as if the car is air-operated seriously got me thinking how much I would have to earn in the future in order to sustain myself. lol. Not to mention getting a 6 thousand watch.

My faith wiggles a little. How I tell my mum I can't live poor and hence the choice of profession just got me wonder if it's really sufficient. hahaha. You know desire and greed never stop growing.

So much of introspection.

I am still going to Bali anyway. lol. Spend all your money before 2012. You wouldnt wanna see your money going down the drain would you?

1 comment:

Jaded Jeremy said...

High spending lifestyle!