Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Life in Sydney

ok, it's time to update (after being reprimanded by quite a few of people). well, the reason why i was not updating my blog is that i m very LAZY~~and yah, the whole new life in sydney and UNSW is killing me, in a way that i am so dreadful in adapting to this new environment. ok well, it's 5pm now, the weather is nice, windy, a little cold but yah, i prefer cold weather than torridity. i gota finish this post in the shortest time possible, since i wana be studious and back to my revision. (wow, chia voon sien, u are studious?is something wrong with you?well, this series of questions won't be the obstructions for me).

i arrived at sydney on 14th february, which i celebrated my precious valentine's day with my housemate, since her boyfriend is not here, i became the back-up, for both of us 's sake. Once i reached sydney, the first sentence popped up from the bottom of my heart was "cheh, it's just a normal city, nothing special what!", mind my words, "reached sydney" means that i was still in the airport, and it has been the first time that i realised how important mobile phones are to human beings, or at least for me, since i had to use public phone to call my dad's friend's daughter which was then became my housemate-she is katherine by the way. ok, nothing is wrong with using public phone, HOWEVER, i inserted 20 cents and was planning to call up katherine, but once she picked up the phone, the line engaged, i repeated thrice and gave up. so it's only after i met up with her in the city that i realised the public phone in sydney despise 20 cents, and despise poor people as well, u must at least insert 40 cents to make a call. wth, in malaysia 10 cents is enough to start a call (erm, i think so, it was 7 years ago that i last used public phone, can someone pls tell me if i am wrong). ok next, i stepped into my room, the place i will spend the night with for a couple of months before moving out to elsewhere, i was shocked, and admired the beauty of my room, it's gorgeous, in some ways at least, but now i am started to hate it(for some reason i will tell later).


this is little tiny room, yah i know it's very messy, since i didn't have any hangers and whatsoever utensils when i took this pic. sth i can assure, it's now very tidy and neat. do trust me!!!
this is the view i can see from my bedroom, damn nice, sydney tower is just right in front of me. take a look at the second pic, u can see the seaview there, ok, it's not so obvious through pic, but i can see it clearly.

the next thing i had done was signing up for a mobile number, a prepaid number since i knew perfectly well the fact that i couldn't live without phone. everything is so inconvenient when you actually cannot make a call or textmessaging at any place any time. so, yah, i signed up for one, while thinking of signing up for a post-paid number is actually far more better. HOWEVER, i need my student ID, my passport, bank statement and prove of address and so on and so forth which is a very annoying procedure that i decided to use prepaid for the time being. after two weeks of frequent and constant visits to the shop (since there must be something that they needed but i didn't have everytime i went there), i finally got my postpaid number. everyone please mark down or update your phone book if u are still saving down my previous prepaid number. save down my number if you intend to tell me how much you miss me or u want me to tell you how much i miss you otherwise. here it is
+61433036582

next, the food in sydney are served in XL size, or i should say it's L size now since they actually expanded my stomach capacity within these three weeks time. if you are not a great eater (i am considered as a small eater, so u know which category you are in), you can order a serving and take it as lunch and dinner, since it's in a very large portion. it's not exaggerated, it's TRUE!!! Anyway, the food here is nice, seriously, it's damn nice, there is only one thing that i am not happy with--no roti canai and nasi lemak~~~~~so, someone there, please send me nasi lemak and roti canai~~~~oh, i have left out something, Chinese New Year!!!! ok, i am not going to talk about CNY here, i will talk about it only if i have celebrated it!!!!!

Speaking of univeristy life, it sucks, earlier before and also now, i don't like it. i am stressed out and finding it hard to cope with. but anyway, i like my phys lecturer, he is damn funny and hilarious, dun worry, i will talk more about him next time. petroleum engineering is not an easy course, something that i have to tell you. i have to take geology, and undergo industrial training during my third year for 3 months, which sounds pretty much a tough job. ok, lack of info now, i will share again when i know more better.

I MISS MY PARENTS AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! how nice if everyone of you is here!!!

a picture with dad and mum in KLIA.
13 friends who made it to KLIA to send me off. i am soooo touched, and a big big thx to all of u~~defa, wai hou, chea hao, alex, yaozhong, wiven, ting siong, mic, yeeping, munee, mei ping, mao and kar~~thx~~~~~
all my family members who were there to send me off. yenshin n evon, thx for the cap. dun get married so fast, must wait for me to go bck to malaysia~wayne, continue with ur hardwork, get a perfect score~~sin yee, get a pretty result in SAM, then come aus find me~~dagu and daguzhang, thx for taking care of me for the past few years in kl~~



and last but not least, my dearest grandma. i couldn't receive her call everyday here, since it's too expensive, nvm dun worry, i will call back to malaysia~~

4 comments:

Mic. Tham said...

duno why, just feel touched when it comes to you and your grandma pic...the last pic I mean. =P

Gosh miss u so much...hehe...update more ya! Take care.

Shane Chia VS said...

aha, i miss u too. miss the time we "wasted" in talking during the academic research society. well, miss the time we had lunch or breakfaz every monday back to taylot's time.

touched? how come?perhaps my grandma looks benign.

vs

Anonymous said...

yeah.. me too. The tears dropped down when it comes to the last picture.

Coping with new life is not easy. It needs time. Don't worry, you will be fine later on.

I can call u for free because we are both on 3 right? Keep in touch. Gam ba teh!

Shane Chia VS said...

hi celine, actually i duno which celine u are, but i guess u re baoyu, am i right? yeah,i am signing up for Three telco. so yah, feel free to call me or i can call you if it won be too much trouble for u.

anyway, thx for ur encouragement. hope u re doing fine with ur life at the other side of the continent. take care~~