Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Birthday 321

so yeah, today is my birthday. people always says that when u get older, you won't really be looking forward to what celebration is coming up or installed for you. you will only find it a pretty normal day of your life. but for me, it's definitely important, and i m kinda looking forward to it, of course i wouldn't want to celebrate alone, or stay at home killing time reading on the note or working on the tutorial homework. It's called birthday, if you stay at home and reading on ur note, it means that u are born to read ur notes in ur lifetime. it sucks man, and definitely not something i wish to do in my life.

first of all, a big thanks to all the friends in malaysia who wished on time, on time means it's 12am in australia time, i am kinda touched and glad that the distance didn't rub off my birthday in your memory. i was sleeping but i was more than happy to be woken up by all those messages. THANKS!!!!!!!!

In the uni, i had been spending the morning hours of my birthday with maths lecturer. kinda not paying attention in the lecture as i was yawning all the time and observing the guy sitting beside who was obviously became impatient staying two hours in the lecture hall. he kept changing his sitting position and stretched his legs reaching out the bottom of the staircase. so i did the same but so sad, i could hardly touch the floor and yeah i know, i am embarassing myself, i was smart enough to slide my body lower in order to make my legs SEEM longer, but that didn't pay off, i am still a few centimetres away from the floor. OBVIUOSLY, the australian guy beside grinned at me, and i was friendly enough to reply his smile (no la, actually just a sheepish smile to cover up all the embarassment). ok, cut the crap. After the Maths lecture and phys tutorial, i met up with Tim, Stef (which you can link to their blog from my blog), Adam, and Jason, and walked all the way to the Thai restaurant that's near the uni. ok, it's not really in vicinity, but took us a 10 mins walk from the uni. so, we reached there at 1.20pm, while Tim, Stef and Jason had their lab hour at 2pm which they couldn't afford to be late. i could see that they were racing with the time, gobbling down the food which, frankly speaking, looks pathetic and i felt really sorry for them. they could finish their food in 1.45 and started to leave while me n Adam stayed in the restaurant for a while longer.
Anyway, thx Stef for bringing me to the nice Thai restaurant which i really had a good time sinking my teeth on the delicious tom yum noodles with pork. and thx Tim, Adam and Jason who were there.

from the left: Stef, Tim and me..camwhoring skill was regressing day by day..tsk tsk tsk...

at nite, my housemate katherine brought me to the spanish restaurant with her friend for dinner. after the dinner, i would like to conclude that, Spanish food isn't nice and expensive!!! so, if you have something better to eat, just set it aside, make ur life easier to have less choices. but i like the spanish alcoholic drink, it's call Sangria.

this is sangria. it tastes like red wine, but added in with fruits that makes it taste better. and u will get drunk easily.

after that, i suggested to her, actually i told her i wanted to go circular quay, where the opera house and sydney harbour bridge are located to have my birthday cake there. since i am the birthday boy, she was respectul of my decision and so here we were, at the most significant getaway in sydney. i was greeted by a lot of passers-by there, some in English, some in Chinese, some even in German. i had the feeling that everyone was celebrating with me. it's so nice.

me and my housemate's friend, Suchada, a lady from Thailand, with the scenic background of Harbour Bridge.
my birthday cake. Green tea cake with raisin inside. it's nice, trust me.

happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to vs, happy birthday to me~~wow, super perasan la..


the pic is kinda blurred out. but it's still nice. me with my birthday cake. i like it there.


my housemate. i like this pic, it's very nice. looked so relax and carefree. see the opera house at nite, it's very nice. you people must go there on your birthday as well.



hehe, i like this pic as well. so random, but nice. life is so nice if u can just lie down there under the soothing wind and staring at the nighty sky.

so, that's my 19th birthday, the first birthday abroad, and i had it by the harbour bridge and opera house, it's kind of a satisfaction and definitely a different birthday for me.

1 comment:

kaishin said...

i really like the last pic too! the angle, perspective, depth of field and most of all the way u're lying there looking like u're enjoying urself =p

hugs.

lastly, miss u 2. glad u enjoyed ur bday =)