Monday, February 18, 2008

Sing a song with your heart

The idea of venting out sadness and depressions through singing crossed my mind today i paid a visit to my vocal teacher. It's the first time i have seen him since two years ago. I didn't have any particular songs that i wanted to sing in mind that i chose a song among the song lists available (not many choices though). An old song "qiu niao" caught my attention that i decided to give it a go. It's a sad song anyway, was matched with my mood at that moment.

I wasn't familiar with the song, heard it a few times before when qin ai de sang it in Red Box. Neither the lyrics nor the exact rhythm. Got myself familiarized during the first attempt and started to sing it with earnestness. Except for a few notes that i went wrong it's a good try otherwise. Teacher said the key was not high enough that he couldn't hear the resonance of my voice so we tried a F major instead of the E major i sang along with in my first atttempt. I am fine with both but frankly speaking, i could really feel the power of my voice during my second attempt. That's so called the resonance i think.

This is the first time i saw myself singing with passion, with all the touchy-feely feelings from my heart. It's not very touching but well, the good thing is i could feel that myself. Wow, i felt really good after singing the whole song. It's like i have told a story, a story that has been hidden in me for long, all the feelings that i have been succumbing were vent out.

Anyway, i have uploaded the songs on to my blog. enjoy~

No comments: