Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nyonya Cuisine in Melaka

It was a few weeks ago when i paid a visit to the Restoran Bibik Neo, a restaurant serving nice Nyonya Cuisine. My ex-neighbour, who has moved to Melaka went along with me and my mum, and not to forget my nephew. Frankly speaking, despite the short distance from my place to Melaka, i have never had Nyonya Food before!! What a shame~~~






The exterior and interior design of the restaurant is kind of....antique??? The wooden door, ceilings that made of mats, and the old-fashioned curtains has definitely eased us off with a feeling of home! I think the design matches the home-made food they serve, all revolve around the theme of "home".


My mum and my nephew, bryvan. He was so busy looking at the food on the table.



Stir fried brinjal with belacan. I remember telling a friend about brinjal in Australia and he asked me "what's brinjal?". It's obvious that Aussies don't eat brinjal and they don't have it there.


The salty fried squid. There was a sauce/dip for it. It's the sauce that made it different from the normal fried squid that we can get in any seafood restaurant.


Spicy Chicken with Gula Melaka. Besides the spicy sensation, you can feel that it's sweet in some ways. Wow, don't worry, it doesn't not cause diarrhoea anyway!


Grilled fish with specially made topping. I think they mixbelacan with something else for the topping. I can't exactly tell you what're the ingredients used.

Anyway, people go for Nyonya Cuisine when they feel like having home-made food. Despite the nice food served, it's the feeling of home that prompts the second visit or perhaps more! The sincerity while preparing the food and the warmth you get while eating the food sum up the uniqueness of Nyonya Cuisine. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they call it eggplant instead of brinjal, i think