Tuesday, December 05, 2006

family-dad

it's quite rarely that i blog about my family..in the old days when i was still a kindergartener or primary school goer, my dad was a very stern looking father, he had never joked with us, had never chattered with us like other father and son..in his mind, father was to earn a lot of money to shoulder up the family's expenditure n luxurious life, while mother was to stay at home and take care of the children, that's why he never allowed my mum to work outside..moreover, he never knew how to express himself well, how to communicate with us. neither he knew the proper way to love us..the conversation between me and my dad has never lasted more than 15 minutes, i even doubted there is 10 minutes long..in this case, mother has to take up the responsibility becoming of the middle party to keep up the intimacy between dad and us..whatever happened to us or whatever stuffs we need are passed on to my dad through my mum..it can be said that we hardly talk about our life with him..

time flowed, he metamorphosed into another person who is more caring and easy-going when i hit puberty and channeled my thinking way into another stage..he started to call me up when i went to kl for further studies despite the little amount of calls i had received from him..he started appreciating the warming moment of family moment, he himself also started to realize how important his children are meant to him..he knew how to care for his children who had grown up, though is still not directly, we are pleased upon his changes..frankly speaking, i m not used to his changes since i m more adapted to the old him, who has the dignity and stern-looking in him..however, i m exhilarated for his better change..

he has his sense of humour now..i would laugh my guts out every time i overheard the conversation between him and my mum..
"the cheque are settled, hand them to the person, i will not be home in three days time"dad said.
"yi, where is he going?"i asked my mum
"nowhere, he always talks in this way, like he is going somewhere for fun"
"...........................apa tu? how could he just raise something up from nothing?" cold sweat drenched me on....

another case happened in this way..we were watching the drama series, the hero's father was courting with a pretty young woman since his wife was dead long ago..while the hero was unhappy with the camaraderie of his father and the young woman..
"wah, so old still can get a pretty young girlfren, damn blissful" my dad said to my mum.
"do u think i can get one also for myself when u die?"he asked my mum
"yeah, sure u can"my mum answered.
"then u better die faster lor, dun spoil my good encounter"dad continued.
walao eh, at tat moment, i was like almost bang my head onto the table..
"sien , if next time i get a new girlfriend, will u refuse to talk to me?"dad turned to me.
"............"silent all the while....
then he chuckled and continued watching the series..

omg, one of his intolerable habit----talk non-stop and alot of sound effects and comments while watching movie or series..sometimes u wil laff ur ass off when u listen to his words..damn hilarious i tell u...

after all, he is a good father..i wanted a car, he gave it to me..i wanted to study in australia, he says he will afford me to go there..i want to take petroleum engineering, he agrees while the course has nothing to do with his business..i say i will help him with his business, he asked me to study whatever course i want, not to worry about him..i wanted to drive to kuantan and anywhere further, he trusted in me this new license holder and allowed me to do this..he never set us in sufferings, never put us in worries, always give us the best..thx dad..

1 comment:

kaishin said...

aww

i know this is a one-month late comment but these days i kinda read blogs this way. lazy to read blogs for a long while then suddenly go to ppl's blogs n read some random old posts that catch my attn in that particular mood. ok i dun think i needa explain so much about how i read blogs, paiseh.

damn sweet lar.

ur dad IS funny! quite like u lar can be cold sometimes lol. eh the mother-dies-dad-gets-young-gf part really zd lor. i wanted to bang head also at the part u said wana bang head. zd full full. wonder if u'd c this comment. happy new year!!! despite ur coldness n how much mic hates u (so random la me) i'l love ya always~

010107

0052