Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nationality confusion

During CEIC 2000, yeh it's thermodynamic and basically it has always failed to hold my attention for longer than 15 mins. sadness. Leena was sitting next to me and as always, we started chit-chatting with me calling out her full name which is kinda exotic "dayangku.....bla bla bla.

Then we suddenly talked about a malaysian whose name is Hazi or something i couldnt really remember. but yeh he is a malaysian guy that i couldn't seem to recall at that moment (i still don't know who is he though).

some important background info:
i was wearing GLASSES as usual. and Leena, by any chance wouldn't overlook that.

"........oh Hazi, the malaysian guy, don't you know who is he?" Leena asked.

"hmm, not that i can remember" i then said, obviously never feel ashamed of my shitty memory.

"ah, the guy that wear glasses?" leena then elaborated more on him.

"ah, that's very informative Leena," me being sarcastic.

"aiyo, he is the only malaysian guy that wear glasses !" she then said it.

"..........................." staring at her, and was about to ask her what i was putting on in front of my eyes, but then i couldn't be bothered much (as lazy as always) and just pointed at my glasses.

"huh?" Leena was still obsessed with her mistake and didn't seem to be realising anything from my hint.

"then where am i from?" i then said.

"oh sorry....................sorry...............sorry............" she then apologized, with Stef, who was sitting in front of me laughing her ass off.

"......................" i was totally speechless.

" i always thought you are from hong kong or somewhere else! " she then further explained.

"oh yeh? lol. " (only if my friends acknowledge my weird-sounding cantonese. ahahha.

Wani's friend asked her when she saw my picture in the camera "since when you know a korean guy?"

lol....................................

oh well, sometimes chinese are chinese, it doesn't make much of a difference between a malaysian chinese and a hong ki chinese. or do they actually have a different look that label themselves as chinese from particular country?

No comments: