Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First working day

yeah, it's my first working day in australia. To my and everyone's surprise, i work!!! yeah, i am employed, and work, with salary paid, and i am telling you IT'S GONA LAST MORE THAN 9 DAYS!!!!

so what's my job about? it's all about
-- taking order
-- giving a hand in the kitchen when everyone's lazy to cook and eating out
-- memorizing all kinds of coffee on the menu
-- keeping all the abbreviation off pat in my brain to save up the time taking order
-- to help reduce my phone bill (boss said "no mobile is allowed at work" but it's allowed in the toilet, huhu)
-- to become a coffee addict within a week, i have unlimited coffee supply (oh hell, i had two latte today, they are sooo tempting)
-- a stepping stone to a better job
-- to keep me occupied instead of wasting time at home
-- a source of income which i can buy a pair of diesel shoes and of course to make me fatter
-- a way to make myself asleep before 12am and wake up at 7am
AND so on and so forth~~~~

ok, cut it short, i am currently working as a WAITER in a cafe selling breakfast and lunch, and of course coffee ( lamo, since when there is a cafe not selling coffee??!!!)

so you will ask me how was my first day going on? erm, it's pretty normal, woke up at 7am, left for work at 7.45am (oh gosh, chia voon sien, that's quick, you had only taken 45 mins today to settle on everything). and arrived at my working place "Mona Cafe" at 7.51am. yeah, it's only 100m away from my place. and started working.

work was easy, took order, sent it to the kitchen, cleaned up the tables when they were done with their meals, drank the coffee boss made me every so often.

HOWEVER, here came the first nightmare at 9.30am!!!!!!
two heavily-perfumed women walked into the cafe. they are the typical i-am-rich-i-have-nothing-to-do-i-will-just-spend-my-day-shopping-for-everything-on-my-husband's-credit-card housewives. ok back to the nightmare, i was beckoned to take their order.

before i stepped into the war zone, my boss issued an ultimatum "be careful, they are those fussy women"--- "erm, i could handle them" i said, not realising that i was getting myself into the trouble.

"good morning, how ya doing" i greeted, not expecting any response from them.

"good good. hmm, i would like to have a "bacon and egss" Woman A said, but not putting a full stop to her sentence. she then went on " can i have the fried eggs changed to scrambled eggs?"

"hold on, i will ask my boss" i said, and walked towards my boss.
"sorry, but you will be charged one dollar extra for changing it" i told her what i had been told.
"ok, it's alright. and can i have flat white, with chocolate on it?" she then continued. YA, STILL TAKING WOMAN A 'S ORDER!!!

"wth, flat white with chocolate on top? there aren't any chocolate on flat white!!!!" i mused.
ok so i turned to ask my boss again. she agreed with it.

Woman B was pretty much fussy, they were just FUSSY!!! and all i could do was giving a wry smile to them!!!!

phew, i gushed down a glass of cold water to put on the glaring fire in me. then here came the second nightmare at 10.30am before lunch time.

i was asked to help out in the kitchen. boss asked me to prepare the salad. yeah, it was easy~~everything was pretty handy until i was ordered to peel the potatoes~~

peeling the popatoes? it's damn easy, isn't it?
YAYE, ITS EASY!!!!!! IT'S EASY IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO PEEL HELL LOTS OF POTATOES FOR ONE HOUR OR MORE!!!!!!

hell, peeling potatoes for one hour. oh gosh, my hands were full of potatoes!! i am phobic eating crisps or french fries or chips!!! hehe, nono, i still love french fries from mcdonald~~~

so, the third nightmare came at night, yeah, it's happening now!!! i have to memorize all the dishes on the menu. i brought a copy back, and should be starting memorizing it, but hell, it's even harder than biology!!!!! i love biology now!!!!

by the way, there was this short conversation that made me blushed took place in the cafe.

"ah, so now you've got a lovely young man working for you!" the old lady who came for lunch said to my boss. i was standing beside the boss.
"nice smile, i would love to bring him home" another lady who was in the same table said.

i was blushing like a tomatoes........................

yeah, that's my first day. it's not hard, but the tiny nightmares had buggered it up. tomorrow will be better~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself man! Tommorrow will be a better day!
Cheers customers doesnt mean you have to cheer all fussy customer!haha
Dont work too hard:)